MICROPOLE GROUP PERSONAL DATA CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY
Respect for confidentiality and the ethical treatment of personal data have always been our primary concern. We know how important these topics are to our customers, prospects, partners, as well as to our current and future employees.
As required by the current framework of the RGPD/GDPR regulations and the laws of the countries in which our various subsidiaries are established, the Micropole Group undertakes to limit its use of personal data to the development of commercial and professional relationships, while ensuring the respect and added value of its communications.
For any complaint or request for information on these subjects contact email@example.com
1- WHO ARE WE ?
Micropole is an international company incorporated and governed by French law, registered in the Paris Commercial Register B 341 765 295. The registered office is located at 91-95 rue Carnot, 92300 Levallois-Perret.
The Micropole Group operates in two crucial areas for all companies: digital and data. For more than ten years, the necessary mastery of data and services has led us to set up a Governance team that has become a reference for many partners and customers. The protection of personal data is one of the teams’ areas of expertise.
Within the framework of our professional relationships and in the interest of bringing ever more value to these areas to companies and organizations, the Micropole group collects personal data in a minimalist way, and uses them for purely relational marketing purposes or professional follow-up of customer relationships.
Even if this is limited to the strict framework of BtoB relationships, the Micropole Group is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
2- DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING
When you visit the various Micropole Group websites, you are under no obligation to declare your identity or to leave any personal data however you should be aware that we may collect personal data in two ways and for two very different purposes. More specifically :
- By means of forms, where your identification data (name, first name, company, position, e-mail address, telephone, address) allow us to communicate with you according to your wishes ;
- By various business –related communications (by email, mail, business card or other).
Implicitly, and usual in digital communication exchanges, as well as for purposes of our website performance and security statistics :
- The type of domain with which you connect to the Internet ;
- The IP address assigned to you ;
- The date and time of your access to our site ;
- Location data or other data relating to the communication ;
- The pages you have consulted on our site ;
- The type of browser, platform and/or operating system you use ;
- The search engine and keywords used to find the site ;
- Your navigation preferences.
By completing our forms, you agree to the privacy practices described in this policy. If you do not wish to provide this Personal Data, you will not be able to benefit from the corresponding services offered :
- Registration for events ;
- Downloading documents ;
- Subscription to the newsletter ;
- Application for job offers.
3- DATA SHARING
We do not, and will never, sell your personal information to third parties. However, we may share your data in-house or with group subsidiaries in order to be able to provide you with information or services that may be of interest to you.
For the running of some processing, we may also have to communicate the personal data we have collected to our partners for commercial and marketing purposes.
4- DATA STORAGE
We will keep your Personal Information for as long as necessary in accordance with the purposes for which they were collected. When your personal information is no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable law, it will be deleted.
Data from prospects who have not responded to our promotional material will be deleted after at most 3 years, unless the will to continue receiving our promotional material is explicitly stated.
Cookies – belonging to personal data – are used on this website as well as certain other third parties. By browsing our websites, you accept that cookies are placed on your computer.
5.1 : What are cookies?
Cookies are files which are inserted on your computer by the website you visit, the application you use or the advertisement you display. These files record information about you: name, first name, company, function, email address, telephone number, address, navigation, etc.
This data is then collected and analysed in order to improve your navigation or to offer you suitable content.
The cookies we use allow us to personalize your experience both on our website and at our B2B events. You can configure your browser settings to notify you when cookies are sent to your browser to reflect your preference to accept or decline cookies. However, if you choose to decline all cookies, certain features on our sites may not be accessible and may not function properly. Finally, you can also delete cookies that have already been sent.
5.3 : The two types of cookies
- Proprietary cookies are created by the sites on which you navigate and which are registered in the address bar.
- Third-party cookies are created by other sites or social networks, which own some of the content, such as ads or images, that you see on the sites you visit or share.
5.4: Cookies used by Micropole
On the Micropole Group website, we use these two types of cookies, which contain other varieties of cookies, totally esential for the proper functioning of our site:
- Audience measurement cookies : They enable us to recognize and count the number of visitors to our site. Cookies record your visit, the individual pages you visit and the links you follow, all of this being
for optimization purposes. Valid for 13 months, they only produce anonymous statistical information and volumes of visits, to the exclusion of any individual information .
- The functional cookies of registered visitors : These are used to recognize you when you use and return to our site, keeping in mind the different choices you made during your previous visit, and allow us to offer them again to simplify and facilitate your navigation.
- Targeting Cookies: We use targeting cookies exclusively for our in-house analysis needs. We use them to measure the effectiveness of our campaigns. Our website does not contain any third-party advertisements, so when visiting one of our sites, the user’s information will not be used for any other purpose not shared with third parties.
- Social network sharing cookies: Our site offers you functionalities allowing you to share part of the published content of sites across social networks with other people via the “share” and “I like” buttons, in particular, from the “Facebook”, “Youtube”, “LinkedIn” and “Twitter” social networks.
This functionality is based on Cookies and similar technologies issued and managed by the publisher of the social network concerned. They are deposited in your terminal, if you accept it, during your navigation on the site.
We invite you to consult the privacy policies of these social networks in order to learn more about their purpose, notably advertising, and browsing information which may be collected via these application buttons.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
5.5 : Other tracking technologies
Micropole also uses technologies similar to cookies such as Internet tags or any other technology that may appear in our emails or newsletters to determine if they have been read or if you have clicked on the links they contain. Internet tags do not store any data on your computer, but can be used along with cookies to analyze the site’s browsing activity.
5.6 : Deleting cookies
You may refuse to accept cookies from our website at any time. You can also configure your browser –depending on the release- to refuse them or to notify you when you receive them. You can also configure your browser as follows :
6- SECURITY AND PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
We make it a point of honor to respect the privacy of our users and to treat their personal data in the strictest confidentiality and in accordance with the legislation in force. The data are only processed by our employees and subcontractors. They shall have access only to the extent that the objectives pursued are achieved (see point 2). Each of them is subject to a strict obligation of confidentiality.
Although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
By law, we may be required to disclose your Personal Data on court decisions, warrants, orders or any other regulations in all countries where we are present (France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Switzerland and China).
7- YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
In accordance with the Data Protection Act of January 6th 1978 and the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, rectify and delete data concerning yourself, which you can exercise by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
The appropriate steps will be taken as quickly as possible.
7.1 : Your rights
- Right of information : We have the duty to provide you with clear information on the use of your data and on the exercise of your rights on request.
- Right of access : you may ask us to provide you with your data to verify its content.
- Right of rectification : you may request rectification of your personal data.
- Right of opposition : the regulations in force allow you to prohibit us from collecting and processing your personal data, for legitimate reasons, and purposes mentioned at the time of collection. You can request that your personal data not be used, for example, in our newsletters and emailing distribution lists.
- Portability right : the portability right allows you to recover part of your data in an open and machine-readable format. You can thus easily store or transmit them from one information system to another, with a view to reusing them for personal purposes.
- Right to delete : you can ask us to delete your personal data. It is necessary to specify which data you wish to delete. Indeed, the exercise of this right does not entail the simple and definitive deletion of all the data concerning you that we hold.
- Right of limitation : on your request, we are able to temporarily freeze the use of some of your data.
8- DATA ABROAD
Micropole is an international group operating in Europe and China. The practices described in this policy are subject to the laws in effect where we operate. Your personal data may therefore be collected by European countries. Although a rare occurrence, it is possible that your data may leave the European Union., In this event, we first ensure that there is an equivalent level of protection for countries outside the European Union to the GDPR, and we undertake to inform you of this.
9 – AMENDMENTS TO THIS NOTIFICATION
10 – CONTACT US
If you have any questions about the use of your personal information, a change or a specific request, send us an email at email@example.com
Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible, no later than 30 business days.